Town of Esopus Environmental Board
June 15th, 2004
The regular monthly meeting of the Town of Esopus Environmental Board was held on Tuesday, June 15th, at 7:00 p.m. with the following in attendance:
Robert Santiago; Chairman, Louise Ferrante, Ann Gordon, and Julie Melacon.
Guest Speaker, Cindy Simpson, presented a water demonstration.
The minutes will be considered informal notes due to lack of a quorum.
1. J. Melacon reported that she attended an Environment Management Council meeting and it went very well.
A. Open Space Publications: complete packages will be forwarded for review.
1. The Management Council discussed a visioning meeting.
2. Conference on environment - NYS teams - 1 teacher, 1 student and 1 local official or volunteer from the community. It’s probable to late to get involved this year, but that is something to thing about for next year.
3. Storm water mapping will be developing a Storm Water Ordinance using some model ordinances.
4. Black Creek corridor - redoing the flood insurance rate maps.
5. Clintondale National Wet Lands - is being updated
6. New Paltz - just adopted a new open space inventory and will do an open space plan.
7. Water Shed Conference - September 21 & 22, 2004.
2. Quality Coast Quality Communities Conference - waterfront revitalization keys to success. Maybe we could put a program on at a meeting and invited the general public.
3. Cindy Simpson presented a demonstration on water education and left some pamphlets.
Environmental Board Secretary