The Highway Department is headed by a Superintendent who is elected to a four year term. They are responsible for the Town's 117 miles of roads; blacktopping, snow plowing, and general repair and maintenance. They also handle seasonal projects such as brush and leaf pickup, and special projects such as storm cleanup.
While the Esopus Highway Department services all town residents for brush, leaf, and other cleanup projects, we do not and cannot address plowing, drainage, and general maintenance issues on County and State roads in the Town of Esopus. We are also unable to assist with street lights or downed power lines.
Old Post Road
Union Center Road
Please contact the Ulster County Department of Public Works
845-340-3500 or visit their website
Old Route 9W
Please contact the NYS Department of Transportation
Fallen power lines call 911
- Pothole repair, paving and guardrail repair
- Drainage maintenance
- Road mowing
- Signage; regulatory, informational, and street signs
- Removal of dead animals in the public right-of-way
- Tree maintenance that interferes with safe vehicle operation
- Spring Cleaning and Plowing
- Brush must be bundled in 3'-6' lengths weighing no more than 40 pounds
- Tree limbs must be no longer than 6' in length and 4" in diameter
- These services are provided for the month of May only
- Exceptions may be made following storms
- Leaves must be placed in brown bags only weighing less than 40 pounds
- Leaves will be picked up year round at our earliest convenience
- No shrubs
Town ordinance 115-4 prohibits parking on Town roads between the hours of 10:00pm and 6:00am from November 1st through March 15th. Vehicles in violation may be ticketed and towed at the owners expense.
We kindly ask that during inclement weather you help us help you by keeping cars off all Town roads so that we may clear them quickly and safely. We also ask that you move any other items such as basketball nets, trash cans, lawn decorations, etc. where they will not be damaged or cause damage to our plows.
324 Mountain View Ave
Ulster Park, NY 12487
PO Box 1015
Port Ewen, NY 12466
Summer Hours 6AM-2:30PM