The following is a message from the Waterfront Advisory Board:
Please come join us for a public facilitated input session to discuss Sleightsburg Spit Park Access sponsored by the Town of Esopus Waterfront Advisory Board.
There will be two input sessions to prepare for a consolidated mediation session. The mediation session will be conducted with the help of the Ulster Dispute Resolution Center. There will be two facilitated input sessions, one for residents and one for Anglers/Duck Hunters & Boaters.
These sessions will have three objectives:
- Capture issues and concerns from key stakeholders
- Identify potential ideal solutions to be considered in mediation sessions
- Agreement on names of two designated people to act as representatives for the mediation session.
Facilitation Meetings Location and Dates:
- Wednesday August 5, 6pm at Freer Town Park – Session for Anglers/Duck Hunters/Boaters/Kayakers
- Thursday August 6, 6pm at Freer Town Park – Session for Sleightsburg Residents
Mediation Session for all stakeholder representatives:
- Wednesday August 12, 6pm. Location and confirmation of date to be announced
Given the current COVID environment, we will limit attendance to 25 participants. Social distancing and face coverings will be required. Sign-ups will be taken beginning July 27th, 2020 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should we not have capacity for all participants, comments will be accepted via email.
The current summary of known issues consolidated from previous public comment can be found at the following link. Comments may be provided in advance on this document by sending them to email@example.com.
We look forward to a constructive meeting and problem solving session.