The Town of Esopus Justice Court is seeking a dedicated, self motivated, professional individual to perform duties in the criminal & civil justice system, assisting other officers of the court as well as judges and lawyers, Email resume to: Kbarnett@nycourts.gov.
- Case Management – maintain court files and records to ensure they are up to date and accurate
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Answer phones, take messages and refer calls as necessary.
- Schedule and maintain court calendars.
- Collect court fines and maintain records.
- Preparing & issuing Orders of the Court
- Ensure all legal documents submitted adhere to the law and court procedures
- Day to day filing, data entry, faxing, mail
- Assist the Justice at the bench during all Court proceedings
- High School Diploma
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping
- Detail oriented
- Competent data entry and keyboard skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Computer software skills
- Writing skills
- Time management
- Ability to multitask
- Customer Service
Up to 30 hours per week including evening Court session.