Position: Community Development and Outreach Coordinator
Summary: Dynamic Community Development and Outreach Coordinator sought as chief liaison between civic groups and local businesses. A pivotal new role for organized, social media savvy professional. Email resume to Supervisor@Esopus.com.
Overview: The Community Development and Outreach Coordinator will report to the Town Supervisor and Chair of the Comprehensive Planning Committee. S/he will have a range of responsibilities, including developing community programs that strengthen and connect Esopus’ assets, preparing applications for outside funding (grants) and managing strategies for retaining and expanding local businesses.
- Serves as a liaison between the Town, volunteer advisory boards, professional consultants, local businesses and community groups. S/he will synthesize information from different sources, monitor social networks and maintain close contact with key stakeholders.
- Participates in regular planning meetings, captures key points for follow up, coordinates with relevant groups and implements outreach through social media.
- Coordinates special projects, meetings and events. Assignments will involve research, budget development, stakeholder management and program metrics to evaluate progress.
- The individual will oversee content on the Town’s website and social media pages. In particular, s/he will maintain the community calendar, generate periodic updates and publish approved social posts.
- The ideal candidate for the position has experience in municipal government and possesses a planning and/or economic development background. S/he is a team player exhibiting:
- The ability to coordinate resources and provide technical assistance with respect to the timely submission of grant applications (local, state, federal and private).
- Expertise in social media campaigns aimed at increasing public awareness.
- An innate curiosity and proactive approach to process improvements and opportunities for government to partner with the private sector.
- Writes and edits quality communications including compelling social media posts, presentations and formal correspondence with attention to detail and consideration for audience.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with social networking platforms, especially Facebook.
- Prepares reports and can coordinate the work of planners, engineers, appraisers, etc. for infrastructure and community planning projects.
- Effectively conducts research and executes special requests as assigned. Collects and organizes data for use in community planning and economic development.
- Works to maintain confidentiality and is sensitive to following protocols necessary for interacting between government officials and community leaders.
- 12-15 hours per week (approx 4 hours will consist of evening community meetings).
- Eligible for New York State retirement benefits.